There’s nothing like taking your truck off the beaten path and enjoying the solitude of just you, your pick up, and the dusty road beneath your wheels. Before you head out the door, make sure you pack a few essentials just in case that adventure suddenly becomes more extended than you planned.
What should you pack in your emergency to-go box?
- Fire Extinguisher. You never know when your vehicle might overheat or when a simple camping fire grows out of control. A multipurpose fire extinguisher with a class A, B, or C UL-rating is the best tool to handle any type of fire that starts in or around your vehicle.
- First Aid Kit. Be prepared whether you trip on a rock or get stung by a wasp. From simple bandages and antibiotic ointment to tweezers and a cold compress, a first aid kit can be essential in case of a medical emergency.
- Food and Water. You might be able to survive for three weeks without food and a few days without water, but a lack of food and water will not help you find your way back to civilization if your truck breaks down.
- Warm clothes or a blanket. In some terrains, the temperature can drop dramatically as soon as the sun sets. Be prepared to handle chilly weather if your return home is delayed.
- Seatbelt cutter and window breaker. In the event of an accident, having tools to help you get yourself out of your truck quickly are critical.
- An extra battery back up for your phone. You might not have cellular service where you off-road, but GPS may still be able to tell emergency responders where you are if you are unable to return on your own.
- DuraFlap mud flaps. Our Universal Mud Flaps protect you and your vehicle from the impact of rain, snow, mud, and other road debris.
DuraFlap’s mud flaps are made with our exclusive “rain grooves” and direct rain, snow, & road debris down and away from your vehicle. Their anti-sail design prevents the mud flap from flying up behind your truck, giving your truck and vehicles around you increased protection from rock chips.
Want to see how easy it is to protect your investment? Contact us today to get started!