With no end in the immediate future for the COVID crisis, many vacationers are looking for pickup trucks capable of towing camping trailers for their 2020 family adventures. If you’re in the market for a towing truck, here are some tips from the team at DuraFlap Drill-Less Mudflaps.
- In general, how can you figure out a vehicle’s towing capacity? A truck’s towing capacity is much greater than it’s payload because it’s pulling a load versus having a weighty load sit on its axles. Typically, you can calculate the towing capacity of a pickup truck by using this formula:
Gross Combined Vehicle Weight – Curb Weight = Towing Capacity
- How much does a travel trailer weigh? According to Camper Report, an average travel trailer weighs about 250 pounds per linear foot. Most commonly used travel trailers weigh somewhere around 5200 pounds, however, more extreme models with heavier internal structure (for example, hardwood cabinets or granite countertops) will weigh a lot more. Finally, keep in mind that this total does not include what you pack into it! The more luggage, food, and supplies you haul, the more it will weigh.
- How much will more towing capacity cost? Here are some examples of the maximum trailer towing weights of 2020 Chevrolet model pickup trucks and their sticker prices:
- Colorado / 7700 / $22,495
- Silverado 1500 / 13400 / $35,995
- Silverado 2500 HD / 18510 / $36,195
- Silverado 3500 HD / 35500 / $37,395
Regardless of the truck you purchase, make sure to add drill-less mudflaps from DuraFlap to protect yourself and your investment!
One more safety feature every pickup truck needs is a set of mudflaps. At DuraFlap, we are proud to share that we are the ONLY company making full size mudflaps for the 2019 and 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 pickup trucks!
DuraFlaps’s drill-less mud flaps feature exclusive “rain grooves” that direct rain, snow, and road debris down and away from the vehicle. The drill-less mudflaps’ anti-sail design prevents wind from pushing the mud flaps upwards, which will give your truck increased protection from rock chips. Plus, our Chevy mud flaps are custom made and designed not to tear, peel, fade, rust or break.
Personalize your vehicle with a customized mud flap. Our online catalog features hundreds of designs such as an antelope, a coyote howling, and a John Deere tractor. Have an interest that’s not in our catalog? We can use your artwork to create a unique custom design.
Ready to see how easy it is to add drill-less mud flaps to your vehicle? Contact us today to get started!