As many parts of our country move into Phase 2 of getting back to business, you may be beginning to plan a relaxing summer road trip. Before you hit the road, here are a few things our team at DuraFlap RV Mud Flaps put together to help make sure you are prepared to travel:
- Check the status of National Parks and State Parks. Not all parks are open and some may have limited accessibility. The National Park Service’s website and the America’s State Parks website will help you determine if the park you want to visit will meet your camping needs. If you are planning to visit a private campground, call them directly for details.
- Make a reservation. After several months of shelter-at-home, many vacationers are gearing up for RV camping trips to their favorite parks. Don’t assume there will be room for you. Make a reservation so you are assured to have a good spot for your visit.
- Perform a maintenance check of your RV early and schedule any repairs with plenty of time before your trip. Many RV repair shops may be overwhelmed as many American travelers have the same idea as you about hitting the road.
- Make sure your RV is well stocked with essentials before you leave. RV supply stores and local tourist grocery stores may have depleted shelves with an increased amount of travelers. Consider those “must-haves” and stock up before you leave home.
- Have a bathroom plan. Public toilets and showers in most parks continue to be closed, so make sure your family has a plan for bathroom needs. Also, consider that not all dump stations may be open. Call ahead and determine where you will be able to dump your tanks.
While you’re preparing for your next adventure, don’t forget to check your RV mud flaps!
RV mudflaps and wheel well mud flaps are important to protect your motorhome and any vehicle you are towing from being hit by rocks and debris that may be kicked up by your tires. Our mud flaps are custom made to our customer’s specifications and are constructed of high-quality materials.
Ready to install or replace mud flaps on your RV? Our team at DuraFlap is ready to help! We can outfit your RV with wheel well mud flaps, rear mud flaps, and RV mud flaps to help make your next road trip a safe and comfortable one.
Add customization to your rear mud flaps or RV mudflaps. Choose from our catalog of over 100 custom designs or submit your own drawing or logo and we will create it for you.