If you have a rugged truck and need to do a little social distancing, there’s nothing more fun than having an off-road adventure. Kick up a little mud, enjoy the smell of pine trees, and leave the world much further than 6 feet behind! If this sounds like a weekend plan in your future, here are a few tips from the team at DuraFlap:
- Know how to use your vehicle in off-road conditions. If your pickup truck has 4×4 high versus 4×4 low options, you’ll need to gear down to low when you need more torque to climb over rocks or crawl out of ditches. By selecting the locking differential option on your rig, your pickup’s computer will automatically make adjustments to turn all your wheels at the same speed and help maneuver your vehicle forward if one or more wheels lose traction with the ground. With traction control, your truck will monitor your wheels and make adjustments to prevent wheel spin.
- Know your terrain. Off-road conditions are often composed of dry ground, mud, and/or sand. Dry, flat ground is often easiest for beginners and can be a very scenic respite for all adventurers as long as you don’t get lost. Your terrain may have sections of mud, make sure you know how to get your truck unstuck and whether or not a winch can be used in the terrain. Large sections of sand may require you to optimize the 4×4 low option to keep your pickup moving.
- Pack your emergency “bag”. All successful adventurers carry emergency supplies and equipment because they know conditions can change by the hour. Here’s a list of what your pickup should be equipped with to be fully prepared for what comes your way:
- A full tank of gas.
- Spare water—for you AND the truck’s radiator.
- Fire extinguishers.
- High-lift jack.
- Portable air compressor.
- Spare tire.
- Tools to change your tire.
- Tow rope.
- First aid kit.
- Mobile phone and two-way radio.
- Power bars or other extra food.
- A spare set of clothes, including good hiking shoes.
- A paper-based map and compass.
- Last but not least, always make sure you tell several friends or family where you are headed. In case your pickup breaks down, you’ll want people back in town to know where to come to rescue you.
Keep your investment protected no matter where you are driving with DuraFlap’s drillless mudflaps!
Our drillless mudflaps are made from the finest quality materials available and are designed to not tear, peel, fade, rust or break. With just a few quick measurements, we can set you up with a set of mudflaps that can be installed easily using holes already existing on your truck. In fact, we’re already set up with specifications for many popular models of trucks including Chevy, Dodge, Ford, and others!
Add customization to your rear mud flaps or RV mud flaps. Choose from our catalog of over 100 custom designs or submit your own drawing or logo and we will create it for you.
Contact us to get started today!
Be ready for your next adventure with drillless mudflaps from DuraFlap! Contact us today.