Regardless of whether you live in a snowy climate or you just plan to spend your free time on the ski slopes, now’s the time to make sure your pickup truck is prepared. Here are a few quick tips from our team at Duraflap Mud Flaps for winterizing your truck for cold weather.
- Check the antifreeze. Even the name of this item should place it as a priority on your checklist. Review your truck’s manual to make sure you have the right amount of antifreeze in your vehicle’s engine and that it meets the standards your truck needs.
- Take a look at your battery. First, if your battery is near end-of-life, consider replacing it. The last thing you need is for a failed battery to leave you stranded out in the cold. Next, make sure all the connections to your battery are clean and tight.
- Examine your tires. Depending on where you live and where you plan to travel, the right solution for you can vary from purchasing a new set of snow tires to getting a standard rotation and making sure you have chains on board.
- Check the oil. Of course, it is always important to keep your car well maintained with periodic oil changes, but in the winter you’ll want to make sure you’re using the right viscosity for the colder temperatures in your area.
- Pack a few essential supplies. Winter weather is often unpredictable. It’s a good idea to pack a lunch box filled with nutritional bars and other protein-rich snacks, a gallon of drinking water, a blanket, and a first aid kit in your truck. Consider keeping a shovel and a bag or two of kitty litter in the back of your truck in case you get stuck in snow or sludge.
- Upgrade your mud flaps. A good set of mud flaps won’t only keep snow, mud, and other debris from flying onto your truck and damaging its finish, but they will also deflect snow, mud, and rain away from your tires so they have a cleaner contact with the road.
Ready to upgrade your mud flaps?
Order a new set of drill-less mud flaps for your truck today. Only DuraFlap offers computerized cutting and custom sizes to provide the perfect fit every time. Best of all, you won’t even need to remove your tires to install them!
Personalize the look of your truck with custom-designed mud flaps. Our online catalog features over 100 designs to choose from, or we can use artwork you submit to create a custom design just for you.
Contact us today to learn how easy it is to add quality mud flaps to your vehicle!