Are you ready to finally unleash your motorhome back onto the road? With all states moving towards Phase 1 of pandemic response, many parks and campgrounds are now reopening. Our team at DuraFlap put together this handy checklist of easy-to-overlook items to make sure your motorhome is ready for your next journey:
- Check your handheld vacuum. Is it still working well? A visit to the campground, beach, or other vacation destination is sure to result in dirt, pine needles, sand, and other debris being trekked in and all over your motorhome’s floors. Now’s the time to upgrade your handheld vacuum to keep the outdoors outside.
- Take a good look at your window and door seals. After sitting for a few months, the window and door seals may have collected a lot of dust and dirt. Its not only a good idea to use a product that will give them a good cleaning, but also one that will moisturize them well and keep them doing their job for the whole summer.
- Make sure the roof is clean and in good shape. It can be easy to overlook this chore since “out of sight, out of mind.” Make sure you use the right cleaning product for your type of roof and take a little extra time to inspect it for damages such as tears, cracks, or rips.
- Spruce up the linens. Remove all the sheets, blankets, and towels for a thorough laundering. This may be a good time to donate some of your worn out linens and replace them with fresh, new ones.
- Restock your bathroom and kitchen cleaning supply bucket. Typically, the same disinfecting cleaners you use at home will also work well in your RV, but you may need a bigger supply of disposable rags or paper towels than you use at home.
- And of course, don’t forget to check your mud flaps! Before you hit the open road, make sure your RV mud flaps are in good condition to protect your motorhome, your TOAD, and other vehicles on the road. Mud flaps are essential for preventing rocks and road debris from kicking up and causing chips or dents.
DuraFlap produces easy-to-install wheel well and rear mud flaps for most motorhomes. Choose OEM (original equipment manufacturer) rear mud flaps for makes such as Beaver, Entegra, and Travel Supreme or contact us to produce a design from your own custom artwork or personalized text.
Getting set up with the right RV mud flaps for your motorhome is quick and easy. Just contact our team today to get started.
We are excited for you to begin a new season of creating memories on the road. Stay safe and enjoy your friends and family wherever the road takes you!