Once you join the military, you’re part of a network of committed individuals who share your passion for protecting our country’s welfare. The days are long, the work is grueling, but the reward you feel from serving your fellow countrymen is enormous. In turn, the government and private sector pay gratitude to our active and retired service members with several benefits, many of which can help you build the perfect road trip for you and your family to enjoy.
Seven amazing road trip benefits for our military:
- On-Base Lodging. Whether your family needs full accommodations or a campsite for your trailer or RV, military bases often provide inexpensive lodging options for military families. Although priority is given to service members traveling on orders or families who are PCSing, you may be able to reserve otherwise available accommodations. Many bases have a military campground and RV parks with barbeque pits, laundry facilities, and playgrounds for the kids.
- Armed Forces Recreation Centers (AFRCs). AFRCs are affordable, full-service hotels located at vacation destinations worldwide for service members and their families. Shades of Green Resort is an AFRC near Disneyworld in Orlando, Florida, that also offers discounted tickets to the park.
- Discounted Hotel Rates. Many popular private sector hotels offer discounted rates for military service members. Call ahead or check the hotel’s website to get the best pricing. If you don’t see information about military discounts, be sure to call and ask because often these discounts aren’t advertised.
- Commissaries. Make a pit stop at the nearest commissary or gas station on a base. Even if you have to drive a little out of your way, you can get some fantastic deals on food and gas to extend your vacation budget further.
- Rent from the MWR. Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (MWR) supports military personnel and their families with equipment rentals and recreation services. You may be able to rent all the camping gear you need for a week in the woods or even rent a boat for a lakeside getaway.
- Visit National Parks. Provide your Military ID to get a free annual pass to visit our National Parks. For comparison, an individual permit to visit the Grand Canyon National Park is about $20 per person. This military benefit can save your family a lot of money, and you’ll have an amazing experience exploring these majestic attractions.
- Visit a Blue Star Museum. The network of Blue Star Museums stretches across the United States. Between Armed Forces Day to Labor Day, the Blue Star Museums Program offers free admission to active-duty military personnel, including the National Guard and Reserves, and their families.
Before you head off on your next roadtrip, make sure your truck is equipped with DuraFlap’s drill-less military mudflaps.
Getting the best military mudflaps for your truck is as easy as giving us a call. We’ll work with you to determine the best mudflaps for your particular needs.
When you purchase DuraFlap’s drill-less military mudflaps, you’re not only getting outstanding quality for your rig, but you also have the opportunity to select artwork to customize your truck with your personality. Our online catalog of artwork includes over 100 options to personalize your mudflaps, including a US Army Star, Air Force Wings, Marine Logo, Soldier’s Memorial, and of course, the “American Flag.” If you don’t see what you’re looking for, that’s ok–we can create a custom design just for you.
And as an added bonus those currently serving and veterans get 10% off their purchases at Duraflap with coupon code “those who protect us“.
Visit our website or call us at 541-245-9148 to get started today!
Soldiers Memorial$55.00 Select options
Marine Logo Mud Flap weight with Semper Fi$55.00 Select options
American Flag$55.00 Select options
Seabees Weight$55.00 Select options
POW MIA Weight$55.00 Select options
Air Force Wings$55.00 Select options
Navy Dolphin Sup$55.00 Select options
U.S. Army Star Mud Flap Weight$55.00 Select options
Navy Anchor and Chain$55.00 To Order
Semper Fi$55.00 Select options